Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Democrats pledge fight over Net neutrality

A committee vote is expected Wednesday on a Republican-backed proposal called the Communications Opportunity, Promotion and Enhancement Act, or COPE Act. Democrats say the bill's portions dealing with Net neutrality don't go far enough to restrict telecommunications companies for levying fees for faster access.

Now, we know the Dems can be a bit two faced, but when election time comes around this is going to hold VAST amounts of weight in the direction I vote on. If the Republicans back the telecoms on this issue, conservatism will have been destroyed in my mind. Granted I know it's grandstanding in most cases, but I will use whatever political force represents my interests in this particular situation, and then re-evaluate my stance later. Let's see what happens.

read more | digg story

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home