Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Little politics now and then?

Alright, time to play my cards on this. Some of you may rejoice, some of you may cringe...

But what am I against? I am against liberalism, I'm against most public healthcare initiatives (despite working for a hospital), I'm against the vast majority of welfare and social security programs, and I am unequivocally against unlevelled open markets.

Let me elaborate on that...I'm against un-level playing fields...meaning if we are required to follow a certain regulatory standard that other players be governed by the same rules. In essence, if you outsource, the same labor standards are enforceable overseas as they are in the US even if the foreign sovereignty does not require it where you do business. In the end, if you do business overseas to make goods that sell in the US, you conduct your business as if the manufacturing occured in the US. This should be applicable to indirect outsourcing too.

ANYWAYS, the point of my political rant was actually a political post at Washington Times.

The quote reads
The terrorists "play our own media with a shrewdness that would be the envy of many a political party," British Prime Minister Tony Blair said recently. "Every act [of] carnage adds to the death toll. But somehow it serves to indicate our responsibility for disorder, rather than the act of wickedness that causes it."
Quite frankly, I don't care for national news. CNN and FoxNews are very biased sources that seem more part of a political engine than anything else. Unfortunately, when that political engine turns against a national effort and against our best interests because of selfish power plays I get disgusted.

It's an article I agree with, read it here. Clifford May seems to have articulated his points quite well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home